This might not be as exciting as it could have been, what with Duke Nukem Forever coming out soon, but Serious Sam is getting another game. Not a lot has been said about Serious Sam 3: BFE…well, I mean, unless you count the press release, complete with bullet points. Cue the bullets points:
- Frantic Arcade-Style Action – The calling card of the Serious Sam series, hold down the trigger and lay waste to a never-ending onslaught of attackers or face being overrun by Mental’s savage beasts. No cover systems, no camping – it’s just you and them. All of them.
- Mental’s Fearsome Legions – A new battalion of unforgettable minions including the rumbling Scrapjack and towering Khnum join the legendary Headless Kamikaze, Gnaar and Sirian Werebull. Your days of mowing down zombie Nazi space pirates are over.
- Serious Melee Attacks – When an enemy slips by your wall of lead and pain, use one of the all-new innovative melee moves to drop an enemy right where they stand in the most violent way possible.
- Pure Multiplayer Mayhem – Play through the full campaign mode with up to 16 players or drop the gauntlet and let the heavy ordinance fly in versus modes like Deathmatch and Beast Hunt. This is the next level of Serious Sam multiplayer and all hell is about to break loose.
The game is set in 22nd century Egypt and it will involve shooting…lots and lots of shooting.
The couple of screenshots they released don’t look half-bad, either.
The press release can be read in its entirety over at HotBloodedGaming. Look for Serious Sam 3: BFE this coming Summer.
- platformnation posted this